Holiday Home Sales
1. We encourage all potential buyers to take time to read all the details of our Purchase Agreement and the related Licence Agreement. Should you decide not to proceed within a period expiring 5 days after the date of the Purchase Agreement, you can cancel by giving us notice in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org without penalty.
Where you cancel outside the 5 day ‘cooling off’ period this represents a breach of the agreement and, we will be entitled to retain the deposit in full and to recover any losses above the value of the deposit as a consequence of the breach or of your failing to complete the purchase within the timescale agreed.
2. We will notify you in writing when the holiday home (in the case of a new caravan or lodge when it is sited and) is ready for use. Any date given for the Start Date is approximate only and we shall not be liable for any delay if this occurs as the result of any cause beyond our reasonable control.
3. We expect you to pay the balance due for the purchase of the holiday home within 28 days after we have notified you under clause 2 above that it is ready for use. If you do not pay the balance due within 28 days after the day we inform you the holiday home is ready for use, we reserve the right to charge interest at 4% per annum over base rate from time to time of Clydesdale Bank to cover the period from the end of that month until payment actually takes place.
4. If the rate of value added tax changes between the date of your order and the date of completion we will make the necessary adjustments to the amount of value
added tax charged to you.
5. Risk of damage to or loss of the holiday home and ownership of the holiday home shall pass to you upon payment of the balance due actually taking place. You should therefore ensure that your insurance arrangements to come into effect prior to that date. Please check your Licence Agreement to ensure you meet the insurance requirements and ask us about cover that may be available through our agency.
6. Nothing in these conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or mis- described goods. For further information about your statutory rights we recommend you contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
Holiday Home Rentals
1. All accommodation is non-smoking. We accept pets in selected properties.
2. We do not guarantee that photographs in our brochure & on the website show actual holiday homes/pitches you use.
3. Maximum occupancy is two people more than the number of bed spaces provided, as a bed settee is used to provide the highest occupancy levels (excluding bungalows).
4. The number of people occupying the holiday home must not exceed the number booked to come unless arranged with us in writing.
5. Dogs (maximum two) must be booked in advance, are welcome if on a lead, under control at all times & toileted off the park. They may never be left alone in holiday homes or let on furnishings, beds & bedding.
6. We cannot guarantee the occupation of a PARTICULAR holiday home but try to do so when requested.
7. We may be able to provide ‘pet free’ hire accommodation, however our policy for these models is enforced and relates to the previous 6 months period, we cannot guarantee 100% prior compliance.
8. Clients must take possession of their accommodation after 4pm on the day of their arrival. Clients must vacate the accommodation by 10am on the day of departure.
9. Unless prior notice of late arrival has been given and acknowledged we reserve the right to re-let accommodation if clients have not arrived by 12 noon the day after the arrival date, without refund.
10. Please report any damage or breakages to accommodation and equipment as soon as possible so that we may replace or repair them for you. This may be charged for.
11. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
12. For lodge rentals only, a security deposit of £125 is required to be paid two weeks prior to arrival. This is to cover any damage or additional cleaning that may be needed. If no damage or additional cleaning is required, the £125 security deposit will be refunded within 7 days of departure.
13. Please note that receipts for the final balance will only be posted if a stamped addressed envelope is provided.
14. Holidays reserved well in advance must be paid for in full at least 30 days before holiday commences.
15. Cancellation Arrangements
We suggest that insurance cover available online and/or on the High Street is now much more likely to offer wider cover and better value for money than that which we can provide. Kippford Holiday Park no longer offer cancellation cover.
In the case of guests having to cancel their holiday, they will be liable for the full cost of the period originally booked. Should we be able to re-let the accommodation, a refund less 20% will be made.
Touring & Camping
- We do not guarantee that photographs in our brochure & on the website show actual pitches you will use.
- Dogs are welcome on a lead – unless on our 1km dog walk – must be under control at all times & be toileted off the park.
- We cannot guarantee the allocation of a PARTICULAR pitch but try to do so when requested.
- Clients may take possession of their pitch from 12 noon on the day of their arrival. Clients must vacate the pitch by 11am the day of departure.
- Unless prior notice of late arrival has been given and acknowledged we reserve the right to re-let pitches without refund if clients have not arrived by 12 noon the day after the arrival date.
- Any damages/faults that you may find to park fixtures, fittings or equipment. Please report them to Reception and we will do our upmost to rectify/repair them.
- When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
- Please note that receipts for the final balance will only be posted if a stamped addressed envelope is provided.
- In case of a client having to cancel, the deposit of your holiday paid is non-refundable.
- If total balance of holiday has been paid in full, the remainder minus the deposit will be refunded.
General Policies & Information Relating to Holiday Home Rentals, Touring & Camping
- Clients must accept responsibility for their own property/possessions whilst on the park.
- We may ask you and/or members of your party to leave immediately if your conduct is considered by us to infringe our rules or is likely in our belief to impair the enjoyment or comfort or safety of other guests and/or staff. No refunds will be given in these circumstances. We also have the right to recover from you any costs resulting from any damage caused by you or others in your party.
- Clients must leave the accommodation/pitch in a clean and tidy condition.
- The speed limit of 10 mph must be adhered to, and ‘quiet times’ are from 10pm to 8am.
- We would draw to your attention that in damp or wet weather conditions the grass slopes on the park can become very slippery. You are advised to keep to the metalled roads and the paths.
- Please advise Reception if your expected time of arrival is after 5pm.
- Parents/Guardians are advised to supervise children at all times whilst on the Park, even while children are at the play areas, as the equipment is not always suitable for every age group.
- Car parking is provided at each unit/pitch but extra vehicles may have to be parked elsewhere.
- Barbecues must be raised off the ground but not used on park benches.
- Strictly no fires allowed.
- All our prices include VAT, where charged.
General Policies & Information Specific to Touring & Camping
Carbon Monoxide Awareness – Never take a portable barbeque or lit charcoal into an enclosed space, ie. a tent, caravan or awning. Please ensure camping lights and stoves are clean and properly adjusted.
In extremely cold weather water may not be available on the super pitches. In winter some toilet blocks may be closed however there will always be toilet and shower facilities available on the Park.
Should you experience difficulty in driving plastic pegs into the ground do please ask us to lend you heavy steel ones.
After Sales, Our Complaints Policy and Guarantee
If you are not happy about the service you receive from us, please contact us as soon as possible and we will do our utmost to resolve your complaint.
In the unlikely event you have a dispute and our own internal complaints handling procedures do not resolve your complaint you can use Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to solve your consumer problem. (ADR) describes a variety of ways of solving a consumer problem without having to go to court.
Reliance on information
Information provided on the website although accurate to the best of our knowledge should not be relied upon as being genuine fact. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on commentary or other materials posted or featured on our site by any visitor to our site or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly and may change content at any time. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website which you are linking must comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and/or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site;
- not to access without our authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.